NATURE AND DREAM:
STUDIES ON THE REPRESENTATION OF REALITY IN THE MIDDLE AGES
October 7th, 2017
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
1. NUME Research Group organizes a roundtable titled Nature and Dream: Studies on the representation of reality in the Middle Ages.
2. The roundtable will focus on the medieval category of reality, with particular attention to the relationship between nature and other worlds, such as the dream, the miracle, the legend, the epic. We welcome studies addressing the problem of mental representation of the real in philosophical, literary and artistic fields, as well as the impact this representation has on specific aspects of European medieval culture.
3. The roundtable will take place at the offices of NUME Research Group (via Landino, 2 – Florence, Italy) or, in case of a significant number of participants, at another venue to be defined. The event will be on October 7th.
4. We anticipate contributors giving papers of 30 minutes. Please submit proposed titles and abstracts of 300 words (in english or italian), with a short academic biography, by August 31st to:
5. Speakers will be required a participation fee of 60€.
For more information and to download the Call for Proposal, please visit NuMe official website.